‘Another great meeting this morning!’, said nobody.
Dysfunctional, unproductive team meetings are prevalent in all sizes of business. CVs and interviews rarely reveal a person’s vulnerabilities, trust issues, desire to be liked, or fear of being wrong; but is very well the mix of character traits you’ll find sat around your meeting table. Little wonder then that things can get tense and individuals withdraw or become defensive and even combative. Where’s the much-needed teamwork that is necessary for productivity and action?
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ is a facilitated 1-3 day programme which includes a team survey, personality profiles and collaborative activities, all aimed at helping individual managers to work as a productive, high-functioning team.
The first and foremost important behaviour is to build trust. Trust is all about vulnerability. When team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another, they can build vulnerability-based trust, engage in healthy debate and hold one another accountable.
You can have a team of talented people, but they won’t achieve results if they can’t work together. Effective communication is vital. This learning experience will help businesses to:
- Make better, faster decisions
- Tap into the skills and opinions of all members
- Avoid wasting time and energy on politics, confusions, and destructive conflict
- Avoid wasting time on talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same old topics over and over again because of lack of buy-in
- Create a competitive advantage
So, who is sat around your meeting table?